[Synapse elist] introduction

Ákos Maróy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Tue Mar 4 19:54:42 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm also very much welcoming the discussion to be had on this mailing list.

But first let me introduce myself.

I'm Ákos Maróy, just started as Artist in Residence at The Arts &
Genomics Center in Leiden, the Netherlands (http://artsgenomics.org/).
My aim here is to create a dynamic display made of fluorescent bacteria.
Not unlike GFPixel done by Reinhard Nestelbacher and Gerfried Stocker
earlier, though I'm working to create a display that is able to change
its contents dynamically. For a background and progress on the project,
see here: http://biodisplay.tyrell.hu/ . The resulting installation will
be shown at the Naturalis Museum here in Leiden (http://naturalis.nl/)

My original background is in information technology, with lots of
commercial software development (http://euedge.com/), and also
artificial intelligence / artificial life research. I'm also involved
media arts installations, most recently in the Corpora project, that was
displayed at the Yamaguchi Center in Yamaguchi, Japan
(http://corpora.ycam.jp/) last fall, and will be featured at the Venice
Architecture Biennale Hungarian Pavilion later this year.

Akos